Thursday, March 31, 2011

A quick light-hearted drawing yo start things off.  My buddy Adam Murray and Jewbacca for all you Starwars fans


Hey there.  So I have FINISHED all of the rough animation for fisthead.  The animation has all turned out great and brutal.  Now I am onto the cleanup.  This is a little preview of things to come and my first fully (for the most part) inked and colored scene of my fisthead short.  I have also started freaking out because I am realizing how long clean-up takes and my social life as officially been diagnosed as "fucked" as of this week. 

Otherwise, this week I am compiling a Demo reel which I most likely post next week.  I have to start applying for internships soon.  

This week I wanted to give a shout out to some film makers who i have done collaborations with and show a little something from each.
Here is a small clip of animation I did for Julia Haberstick's film Minding.  This film was a great live action/animation collaboration about a young boy who tells stories to himself for reasurance.  By animating the stories he tells in an un-finished looking loose style, the animations really compliment the child's state of mind.  These are two pencil tests i did for the film.  In the film these are cut in between live footage
This shot was from a low angle following a mouse and he goes into a cheese shop.  This was difficult because I had to do the pan but also have this man (up about) bundling up a package of cheese.

This video is just of a cat hissing but it was nice to get a little acting into the animation

I did some animation on Rachel Gitlevich's film about a caveman who finds a cave full of drawings of animals that move.  Here are some pencil tests I did for that film.

I used to work in a pet store.  These are bearded dragons fighting

gecko walk cycle

Next I wanted to express my excitement for Daniel Speers' Film Infinite which I did Concept/planning art on in the begining stages and fully storyboarded.  I never really got to show any of the artwork I did for him and I thought it found be interesting to post a view of my favorite panels I did for it.  I also won't explain the panels or the story because I don't want to spoil anything. I was ultra excited to work on a Sci-Fi film and to practice the storyboarding skills I learned from Mike Manley, my (great) storyboarding teacher from last semester.

And here is the Poster I designed for the film.


I realized I haven't shown much int he way of video thus far so I figured I would start.  Here is an old Loop I did last semester that I liked.  I particularly enjoy loops because I can finish an interesting, yet fairly illustrative animation in a short amount of time (I can put more into less frames)

I wanted to post a sketch this week but honestly I haven't has much time.  So I dug up some old pictures to post for those of you interested.

My friend Steve is currently getting some Ink done on him.  The picture is something I put together for him and I found this other one I did for my friend Paul who has this tattood on his belly.

 Steve's tat- I just composited some images and and did some tweaking as well as a little modifying in the drawings.  I drew some of it darker to inhance contrast. A little photoshop play.
Bear tearing apart a hunter. still makes me laugh

This is supposed to be sideways.  Its a cover for a demo cd my grind/hardore/thrash/punk band Gut Instinks did.  We are on hiatus now but if your interested- www.myspace.com/gutinstinks.  I just figured I'd post this cause I came across the illustration again when I was cleaning out a hard drive.
Anyway, thanks for reading/ checking out my weekly/semi-weekly blog.  I really appreciate the support and always appreciate feedback!
you guys are great. peace.

current playlist (all over the place):
The New Regime- Tap Dancing in a Minefeild
Rise Against- Prayer of a Refugee
Lycanthropy- Social Nihilism
Landmine Marathon- Shadows fed to Tyrants
The Klaxons- Golden Scans
Gride- Kudykam
Every Time I Die- Wanderlust

No comments:

Post a Comment