Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yow how yuz doin,

So, this is my first blog post ever.  I figured I should get one of these dealies to keep up with the times.  Back in my day we had to rent a horse and buggy to transport our portfolios across mountains, through Appache arrowfall to get to animation studios  just so we could show our work.  Now we can just drop a link, give 'em a wink and get hired like that.  I intend for this thing to be a look into my process as an artist as well as a sort of portfolio for people who are curious to what I do.

First off, I am an impulsive sketcher so alot of what post will be week to week sketches although I will definitely post finished work.  Right now I am working on a short animated film about a character named Fisthead who basically is a channel through which I can exploit my desire to draw unnessesary violence and laugh histerically at it.

Here are some character sketches:




Here is a screenshot for what will hopefully be what Fisthead will look like as a film.  Basically he gets kidnapped by a pinyata with big juicy lips and all hell breaks loose.
Notice the Chinese finger trap gag.  So I have finished all the backgrounds and am currently animating the rough version and it is coming out great!  All the voices have been recorded thanks to Matt White, the talented voice of the two main characters.    I have also recorded the fisthead theme song which is an epic thrash thang with shredding guitars to inspire the oncoming brutality of fisthead's escapades.

Along with this I figured I'd upload this picture I found on my shelf when i was cleaning.  It was on my facebook but I figured what the hell, ill slap it on here
This was a product of a long car ride last year.   Every week I am going to try to upload an old thing or two along with new things to keep it lively on this thing.

Anyway, I was in a drawing slump for a long time and I finally picked up that pencil for fun again.  Here is a realistic adaptation of a character I am working out for a series called "Nam." 


Here are some sketches from life I did this week.  Most of it was very fast.  I carry a sketch book almost everywhere and I always see people that I want to remember as an interesting character I could use for later.  The woman sketched a few times on the right is this woman I see on the train all of the time that looks absolutely crazy.  Half of her hair is cut short and she has these big glasses and a puffy coat ALONG with goth chain pants.  Now keep in mind this is a woman that looks in her 50s.  I imagine her to be a wiccan and she reminds me of the pure lunacy of city life and culture.  I may use her for something.  That other guy is some dude i know who was doing homework and didnt notice me drawing him.  Mad sneaky, bitches.

I'm a musican so I figured I'd include some stuff at the end here.  This weekend during my spring break I recorded this song under my independent project Shedhead.  This is a chill song inspired by triphop like Massive Attack,  Portishead, and Blonde Redhead.
Sacrifice

Currently Listening to:
Portishead- Humming

See you next week Suckas

No comments:

Post a Comment